I thought I’d do something different today and share some of my picks from the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. This annual sale is one of my favorites, as Nordstrom puts its fall merchandise on sale in the middle of July! Most of my clothes that don’t come from local boutiques probably come from Nordstrom. The sale goes through August 2, so there is still some time to shop. I did almost all of my shopping online, but I can’t wait until Nordstrom Ridgedale opens in October!
- Helmut Lang ‘Nova’ Print Ruched Jersey Dress – I love ruched jersey dresses like this. They are forgiving but also give the illusion of curves where you don’t have them. I first ordered an X-Small, but I couldn’t even get the neck hole over my head. The Small was perfect. This was my one splurge item this year.
- NYDJ ‘Aubrey’ Colorblock Plaid Sheath – This one is a bit out of my normal wheelhouse. I liked it, and so did Jason, it’s just not practical for my lifestyle. It’d be a great work dress if worked at an office. It has built-in shape wear, which I missed in the description. I’m not used to it, so it was a little strange. Fit was true to size. I sent it back.
- Leith A-Line Turtleneck Dress – I tried this in black. It’s super simple, but I think that as a blank slate, it has potential to be worn in many ways, dressed up or down.
- KUT from the Kloth ‘Cameron’ Distressed Rolled Straight Leg Jeans – I love these and can’t wait to wear them as soon as the humidity dies down a bit. They have the perfect amount of destructed look and I love different look of the tall cuff. I had to size down. They appear to be out of stock right now, but keep checking back as sometimes there are returns.
- Halogen Sheer Inset Sleeveless Top – This is a good staple layering piece and I’m kind of obsessed with the purply orchid color right now.
- 1.STATE Sleeveless Peplum Top – I was drawn to the pattern and slight peplum on this top. Only the small was available when I ordered, and it was too big on top. I see that the X Small is available now. I might give it a try.
- Trouve ‘Double V’ Colorblock Tank – Another pretty layering basic. I love the color contrast and the cutouts along the neck. True to size.
- Trouve Zip Neck High/Low Gathered Top – I picked this up when we visited the MOA store today. I love the zip neck detail!
- Chelsea28 Floral Embroidered Sweater – Another item I picked up at the store today. It was displayed in store with the striped scarf shown below. I’ll wear it with my Vince grey skinny pants from last year’s NAS sale.
- Halogen Long Boucle Open Cardigan – I live in cardigans like this in the fall and winter. The basement is chilly to work in, and I hate being cold. This will get a lot of use. It’s long, so it may be better on taller women, but the fit was true to size.
- Barefoot Dreams Drape Front Cardigan – Another cardigan that will be a workhorse in my wardrobe. This is so unbelievably soft, I love it! I got the navy stripe.
- Halogen ‘Lidia’ Studded Leather Ankle Bootie – I purchased these in the grey color, as I really liked the interesting shade. I always struggle a bit with what shoes to wear with my boot cut or more flared jeans, as I mostly own tall boots and my flats won’t cut it in the winter. These will do nicely!
- Ivanka Trump ‘Tenice’ Pointy Toe Pump – I don’t need a lot of pumps in my closet, but I loved the style of these in the grey suede. I will end up wearing them to our less formal events this fall and winter, and can wear them them on business trips too.
- Halogen ‘Olson’ Pointy Toe Studded T-Strap Flat – These are on their way to me in pale pink, I hope they work! I think they could be a fun alternative to heels or sandals.
- Halogen Tricolor Cashmere Infinity Scarf – This was so cozy and pretty, but in the end, I couldn’t justify the price for a scarf. I’m going to try to knit myself an infinity scarf instead.
- Nordstrom Texture Stripe Infinity Scarf – I will wear this with the Chelsea28 sweater above. The texture is great on this and I can see myself reaching for this a lot.
- Halogen Ombre Leather Envelope Clutch – A great clutch that’s on the casual side. I already used it for an event we had last Monday night. There’s a chain too, which is nice when you need your hands free. I’m trying to mix up my handbags a bit for the blog!
- Rebecca Minkoff ‘Line Quilted Julian’ Backpack – I have not seen this in person, nor do I plan to buy it, but I really love the style. The colors didn’t excite me. I also really liked the ‘Moto’ Hobo, but again the colors didn’t do it for me.
- kate spade glitter stud earrings – I was lusting after these at last year’s sale, but I didn’t buy them. This year, it was a no-brainer. I bought the multi-colored ones. So fun! They are a bit bigger than I expected, but I can’t wait to wear them!
- Nordstrom Semiprecious Stone Pendant Necklace – I got this in the white crystal. It should be a versatile addition to my jewelry box. I’ve been leaning toward longer necklaces lately, and I thought this one was unique.
- Kendra Scott jewelry – I was tempted by many of these pieces, but did not buy. The color options are great. I own a Kendra Scott ring, and it’s great quality, but I haven’t seen any of these sale items in person.
Whew, that’s a lot! Some of this I didn’t buy, some went back, and some I’m still undecided on. Luckily Nordstrom has an awesome return policy, including free return shipping. There’s nothing I hate more than paying shipping on a return.
Prices go back up on August 3. If you can’t pull the trigger now, keep an eye out as items will often go on sale again in early fall. Sometimes they even show up at Nordstrom Rack in a few months. If there’s something you feel like you have to have, now’s the time to buy!